Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Getting anxious
We have just 3 more days to go through before picking up the largest rental truck available to us. Our friends who have been keeping our food storage will bring it from their home. Then we'll pick up our piano that has been safely residing in another home of friends. Then the next day we will spend at our storage unit pulling everything out (we're praying it's not a rainy day!) and loading it into the truck, hoping we can get it all to fit. Early the next morning we'll be on the road to Ohio. Again, we're praying it doesn't rain there on the day we unload. It would just make it so much easier and more pleasant! Then the real work will commence. We spend all night dreaming of the house and what we need to do. We spend all day talking and planning and trying to make arrangements. We got a shocking estimate to have the roof done. We were hoping that would be one burden off our full schedule. Now it's looking like we will have to manage it ourselves. Funny that I used the plural. It will have to be done mostly by Russ. I will go as high as the eaves to help with the gutters, soffitts, and fascia.... but the roof is way higher and steeper than I think I could handle and be any help at all. I will climb the scaffold and hand things up to Russ or pick up what's thrown on the ground. Anyway...........we're getting anxious to get started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment