Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Friday, May 25, 2007
Holiday weekend
Last night I was at the house until after 11:00 while Russ stayed with the grandsons, getting them into baths, pajamas, and bed. I finally have the kitchen ceiling painted. This morning I managed to get the plaster in the butler's pantry painted. Russ is spending the day working with our "son" John whose help is greatly appreciated. Monday is a holiday and we're planning a "work party". John's wife and kids will be here (he will be in Texas flying a plane) as well as Scott, Angela, and their three boys. Saturday we will probably spend the day preparing for the work party. I guess we just didn't know how much work was ahead of us. The house is basically sound and has some wonderful, unique features. But it needs lots of time and hard work to bring it up to a standard Russ and I are comfortable with. We're not making it fancy, just more usable and pleasant. Sometimes I have trouble sleeping because my hands hurt so much. I guess I'll survive. I will be glad when we have reached the point where we can live in the house and actually unpack some of our stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment