
I have never had a love of heights. I'm also not really swift on ladders. The garage with this house is rather delapidated having been neglected for a very long time. Someone at some time drove into the back wall in one place and the roof is tin, rusted through in a couple of places. In order to determine whether the roof was salvageable all of the accumulated debris had to be removed. Russ has had enough stress to keep him busy trying to work on the technical aspects of the house so my specialty has been tearing apart, cleaning, refinishing wood, spackling, plastering, and painting. He has been working on the little downstairs bathroom (thankfully with my Dad's help) so I volunteered to clean off the garage roof. I must admit, I had a really sincere prayer on my lips most of the time, with a frightening image of crashing through the roof in my mind. I managed to get the roof cleaned off so now it can be repaired and I am safely back on the ground- until I have to spread the roofing gook on the metal. I'm certainly not looking forward to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment