Anyway, this is not a really big deal. The picture is the porch ceiling, in the process of being painted. You can see a hole right near the border between the painted and unpainted parts- that's where the original porch gas light used to be. You can also see a large "eye" which, along with a hook that didn't get in the photo, used to be where a porch swing was hung. A porch swing would be very nice but I doubt we'll ever get to that before we leave here.
Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
NOW how much would you pay?
I know, I know....feast and famine. I go for days, even weeks without posting anything, then I do a whole bunch at once. I don't even know if anyone is still looking in.
Anyway, this is not a really big deal. The picture is the porch ceiling, in the process of being painted. You can see a hole right near the border between the painted and unpainted parts- that's where the original porch gas light used to be. You can also see a large "eye" which, along with a hook that didn't get in the photo, used to be where a porch swing was hung. A porch swing would be very nice but I doubt we'll ever get to that before we leave here.
Sooooooooo- that was about the last outside task in trying for great "curb appeal". What do you think? Does this house have it? Our real estate agent comes day after tomorrow to discuss putting it on the market and how much she thinks we might be able to get. We can't afford to give it away so if we can't get at the very least what we put into it, we're going to have to stay and just commute to take care of Ammon's kids. I must confess, the whole concept of having our house on the market and preparing to move rattles me. Oh well..................
Anyway, this is not a really big deal. The picture is the porch ceiling, in the process of being painted. You can see a hole right near the border between the painted and unpainted parts- that's where the original porch gas light used to be. You can also see a large "eye" which, along with a hook that didn't get in the photo, used to be where a porch swing was hung. A porch swing would be very nice but I doubt we'll ever get to that before we leave here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Mary,
We are reading and are glad you post. Thanks for letting us be a part of your lives-
the gunther clan
We read it, too--you are bookmarked!
James and Susanne
All I can say is....WOOOOOW! You've done a lot since I saw it almost a year ago and I thought it was breathtaking then. Keep us updated on what the real estate agent says and how that all goes. Good luck!!
I love keeping up with you on where you are on the house - and I think it is amazing! I love older homes anyway, but you've done a GREAT job! Thanks for posting.
Hope all is well. Take care!
- Sue Simmerman
I'm also still with you. thanks for sharing and like everybody else, I am astounded at what you have done with the house.
Ron
Post a Comment