Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just one more

I love food- even preparing it. I have had a recipe for a yule log cake for several years and have been waiting for an appropriate opportunity to make it. Monday night we are going to have an "empty nesters" group here for a family home evening. I decided this would be a good time to try the cake. Russ thought I was a little crazy for doing this first-time experiment for company. I told him that is the only time it is worth all the time and effort! I started the candy poinsettias two days ago then baked the cake, then made the filling and coated it with the ganache tonight. I hope people come to see it! If not, I hope blog-readers will be at least a little impressed with my efforts- even if you don't get to taste it.

No comments: