This is the home of our younger daughter, Lisa, and her family on Eglin AFB in Florida. This is the third house they have been in on the same base. The Air Force is gradually tearing down houses so the other houses they lived in don't even exist anymore. And due to the tropical climate, the sand and rapid growth of vegetation has covered any evidence they even existed!

This is the back yard. When I went down to help Lisa move last year, her husband was deployed so she and I put up the fence by ourselves. We had never put up a chain link fence before but understood the concept. It works to keep the dogs and kids in. We were pretty proud of the results.

I took these pictures just days ago when I was down there again. Lisa called and sounded awful over the phone. It turned out she had swine flu. She was running a fever of 104 for several days and was vomiting uncontrollably. I know she was sicker than she might have been because she kept trying to do everything! Once again, her husband is deployed overseas and she is left to take care of the house, yard, kids, and pets. She had to be ready for a yard inspection so she was mowing the lawn with a fever. She had to get dog food and milk so she was shopping and running errands despite being really sick. Once I got there, she was finally able to stop and get some rest. I took her to get her anti-nausea prescription so she could hold down a fever reducer and drink fluids and sleep. It was such a relief when her fever finally broke. She healed really quickly. I'm sure it's because she gets lots of exercise and eats pretty healthy so she's in good shape. The kids were given Tami-flu so they didn't get sick. The Lord was watching over me so I didn't get sick. Thank you, Heavenly Father!
No comments:
Post a Comment