Scott, our son-in-law, has gone to Iraq. We try not to think of the danger he is in. Meanwhile, we are working on a suprise for him. Russ, Angela, and I have been tearing out a wall and building in a breakfast bar and computer desk. (I'm assuming Scott won't be reading our blogspot while he's away.) Scott and Angela have talked about doing this for awhile now but haven't yet gotten to do it. It has turned into quite a complex, messy, time-consuming project. I have been spackling and painting in addition to my usual grandmotherly-type efforts to keep the house clean, dishes washed, and helping with food preparation. Those activities along with the cold, dry air are causing my hands to have deep cracks at the ends of some of my fingers. (That's what I meant by my title for this blog.) I usually get them from doing a lot of sewing, but that isn't happening these days. Russ is the "general contractor" on the remodel job and tends to remain pretty dusty and feeling worn out.
Our other daughter, Lisa, and her husband and little boy have joined our little group here. They were here visiting just before Christmas (Lisa had come while Keith was over in the Middle East, where he will be returning for another 3-4 months soon) and had an accident. Somebody drove into the side of their car so it was here being repaired. They drove back to Florida in a rental car provided by the other driver's insurance so they drove back here to return it and get their car back. Keith has been a big help to Russ so I think it has been good to have them here. We also enjoy having at least two of our children together with us. It makes for some chaos on occasion but it isn't bad. We're glad the kids can get to know cousins when possible.
Russ and I are getting pretty wearied of the traveling life. We are praying that the Lord will show us where to go and hoping it will be somewhere we can call home. I miss my Utah house and neighbors. We just don't know what we're to do...........
No comments:
Post a Comment