Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
On the road again.......
Well, we have been here in Ohio for over two weeks now and have felt comfortable enough but it's time to move on. Angela would love to have us stay but we will load up tomorrow morning and travel, Russ driving my parents' truck and me our car, down to Florida. I guess the warmer temperatures will feel good. We'll be staying at our daughter's new home on Eglin AFB. It's always awkward visiting our family members on bases or in embassies. The people in charge of security are nice enough but you still feel funny having someone look at your ID and check you out along with your vehicle. When we're on base we're not supposed to even go anywhere without our "sponsor". When I visited our daughter in Guam, I went for an hour walk every morning by myself and always worried that an MP would stop me and want to see military ID. Fortunately, that never happened. It's especially frustrating when I'm babysitting on base so my children and their spouses can have the rare treat of going out, maybe even overnight, without children. I can't buy anything on base without military ID and if I go off base, I can't get back on without a "sponsor". I expect Russ and I will be tending little Aaron and the three dogs so Keith and Lisa will have an evening out. I just hope we can stay safely, quietly in the house without needing to go anywhere! Here in Ohio, Scott and Angela are living off base for the first time, having bought a house. It's nice to be able to come and go without having to be "checked in or out". Oh well, the warmer temperatures will feel good..............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment