Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sorry- still no pictures

Waiting and waiting......... That's the name of the game these days. I am still in Florida waiting the arrival of grandchild #14 who is to be named Elliette McCurdy, that is, unless there has been a huge mistake interpreting the ultasound pictures. I have managed to do some yard work in spite of the heat but there is only so much to be done on Air Force base housing. I have recovered a rocking chair and ottoman as well as making covers for a baby car seat and stroller. Yesterday Lisa tried to keep walking by using an exercise machine of her friend's after we came in out of the rain, hoping that would get something going. She was having some pretty good contractions while she was on her feet. But she was exhausted after nearly two hours and sat down to rest. The contractions soon stopped, much to her disappointment. The main reason she is so anxious to have this baby is that the Air Force is sending her husband away soon and she doesn't want him to miss the birth. I guess this little baby is not important enough for the Air Force to work its schedules around!

No comments: