Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Needle and Thread rather than Hammer and Nail

I need to get back to working on the house and pictures of our progress on it. But for right now, I want to report on what I have been doing to help prepare for the arrival of our most recent grandchildren. Lisa purchased a more feminine nursery set, shown in these pictures. The rocker and ottoman were ones she already had with blue covers with some stains. To make them newer and more coordinated, I used some lavendar cotton and applied pieces of a valance she didn't need for the window and made covers for the seat, back, arms, and ottoman. Also, the car seat they got for Elliette had a cover that wasnt' particularly "cozy" so Lisa picked out a red/black print to coordinate with the seat and stroller combination and I made a cover with a newborn baby head support that's removable.(Seen here in the picture on the hospital bed next to proud big brother, Aaron.) I have also been making covers for nursing pillows for Lisa and Victoria as well as covers for the cushion of the changing table for Victoria's baby. All I have left to do is the blessing dress for Brooklyn and since she won't even be born until the day after tomorrow, I think I have time to get that done!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy, Mary! And such cute things you've created!
How long will you be there with Lisa? Please give her a big hello from up here.
Take care!
Sue

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! She is so lucky!