I am definitely not in favor of hoarding stuff. It piles up really badly. I prefer to keep what I think I can use, then USE IT! Otherwise, I get rid of it by giving it to Goodwill (or a similar thrift store), recycle it, or throw it away if it really isn't usable. But I know, it's the sorting that's a pain.Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Attention Carol, Deedie, and Gloria
Among the things in my mother's closets that I weeded out for her were an old red sheet that had a couple of holes and some flowered fabric that had been cut from what used to be drapes. since I flew down to Arizona and didn't want to have to check luggage, I knew I wouldn't have space to take much home. I have had this old church pew on the porch for quite awhile but it needed a cover for the seat. Since I intend to leave the pew with the house, I didn't want to invest money in the seat. So I brought the old drapes and sheet home, combined them with a couple of old mattress covers I have been using as packing blankets, and made a cover for the pew.
I am definitely not in favor of hoarding stuff. It piles up really badly. I prefer to keep what I think I can use, then USE IT! Otherwise, I get rid of it by giving it to Goodwill (or a similar thrift store), recycle it, or throw it away if it really isn't usable. But I know, it's the sorting that's a pain.
I am definitely not in favor of hoarding stuff. It piles up really badly. I prefer to keep what I think I can use, then USE IT! Otherwise, I get rid of it by giving it to Goodwill (or a similar thrift store), recycle it, or throw it away if it really isn't usable. But I know, it's the sorting that's a pain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment