
I loved looking around the chapel to see members of the family all inter-mixing. There are a few of us who live fairly near each other- temporarily. But it's so comforting to know that children are perfectly happy to sit with older cousins and babies can be well-cared for by aunts and uncles. The children performed in the primary program with everyone remembering their lines and one of the older children played a descant on her flute. Victoria played the piano for the whole program. The photo below was at the terHorst home where we gathered after church for a meal. Brooklyn has now been replaced as the tiniest member of the family. She doesn't seem to mind at all. In fact, she was quite sweet to her cousin, even when her mother was holding her!
I'm so grateful that God gave us the opportunity to be in families so we can learn deep, unconditional love. We can feel security and learn how to serve others. I am grateful that my family is not one of the ones in the world that is being torn apart by long-held grudges or rebellious paths of "alternate lifestyles" that create gulfs between members' standards. Sure, we have our differences. But for the most part, we get along pretty well.

I'm so grateful that God gave us the opportunity to be in families so we can learn deep, unconditional love. We can feel security and learn how to serve others. I am grateful that my family is not one of the ones in the world that is being torn apart by long-held grudges or rebellious paths of "alternate lifestyles" that create gulfs between members' standards. Sure, we have our differences. But for the most part, we get along pretty well.
1 comment:
You are truly blessed!! Miss you... Keep up the great work of being a parent, grandparent and aunt. You are my hero!
Post a Comment