Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Holiday feelings

I don't have any photos for this post. Russ and I are leaving for Germany the day after tomorrow and I have not had time to send out my usual Christmas newsletter. Maybe some of our friends and family find that to be good news. Anyway, I did want to take the time to send out a message of hope, love, and a desire for peace- not just the "NO MORE WAR" kind of peace. There would automatically be no more war is people would stop being greedy, self-centered, uncaring, and just plain mean. My desire is that we could be better at communicating- not twittering or texting or posting videos or pictures- but real, meaningful communicating. I wish that we could understand each other better to avoid all of the hurt and anger that results from misunderstandings. I wish we could all have a desire to better take care of each other's needs so that nobody would be a couch potato leech and nobody would have to just give and give and do and do. We all have different resources- talents, skills, money, connections. We could so benefit if we all shared better.
Russ and I have been greatly blessed over the years to have many wonderful people as our friends- some of them related to us and some not related as far as I have yet determined! It is heartwarming to us to look at old pictures or receive a call or letter from someone who has given of themselves to make our life brighter. I'm grateful for good examples of reaching out in love, giving even by sacrifice, and tenacity in the face of great obstacles. When I stop to really analyze it, my life is pretty easy. Sometimes I indulge in self-pity and feel discouraged and I'm sorry for that. I'm working at being stronger in faith and determination. I'm grateful for the love and forgiveness I receive from those that love me- my friends, my family, and my Lord and Savior. I am happy to celebrate His birth and the good news that He came to give us the opportunity to go on to a place where people will be loving, helpful, forgiving, and willing.
Merry Christmas and may 2010 be a year of growth, achievement and peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Germany. Time seems to go by so quickly. Here it is December 15th all ready. We send our love and hopefully sometime we will get a newsletter or card off to our dear friends. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your family through the blog.
Colette Hoffman