The other favored activity was in the living room just inside the above lovely sunroom. As you can see, the boys were all captivated by video games on the large television set.
We did manage to eat a fairly traditional meal- and LOTS of it! This is Carol's house (she's the one standing in the middle of the picture) on Thanksgiving day. I don't know that I could begin to remember all of the foods laid out there. Her family was so generous in their offering. We didn't supply anything but appetites! The two turkeys were deep-fried. We had southern dumplings along with the mashed potatoes and stuffing. We had quite an assortment of pasta-type salads. Angela did make a couple of pecan pies to go with the other yummy desserts, which we had to eat a couple of hours after the main part of the meal due to lack of stomach space.
So the meal wasn't quite the old-fashioned meal like 50 years ago- but we did say a prayer of thanksgiving before eating. We were together as a loving, extended family. We had a wonderful feast! I think we were all grateful and happy to be together living in a land of prosperity and freedom. The next photo was one I wanted to include because I thought it was cute. As we traveled back to Ohio, I turned around to see 3 of my grandsons all sucking on lollipops, looking at a book together. I so love my family!
So the meal wasn't quite the old-fashioned meal like 50 years ago- but we did say a prayer of thanksgiving before eating. We were together as a loving, extended family. We had a wonderful feast! I think we were all grateful and happy to be together living in a land of prosperity and freedom. The next photo was one I wanted to include because I thought it was cute. As we traveled back to Ohio, I turned around to see 3 of my grandsons all sucking on lollipops, looking at a book together. I so love my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment