
The cathedral then became the table centerpiece at a holiday open house. The table was laden with cheese, sausage, vegetables, crackers, cookies, and wonderful stuff!
This picture is when we were in the process of decorating the cathedral. New Years Day we started eating some of the decorations. I'm sure that by now it has gone the way of all the earth.
I wish I had remembered to take our camera and take pictures at all the restaurants we visited. We went to one restaurant in Leipzig where we each had an unusual entree. There was wild boar, venison, goose, lamb, salmon, and also whitefish and steak. To celebrate Susanne's birthday we went to a Thai restaurant where the food looked as good as it tasted. I had an appetizer of duck in plum sauce wrapped in crepes then a chicken, vegetable and glass noodle entree. The chef decorated each presentation with flowers, real as well as carved from radishes, beets, carrots, and other foods. Then for lunch on a day when James worked in the morning and we all went to a museum, we ate at an Italian restaurant named the Twelve Apostles. On the menu was a wide range of Italian style foods. They also had varieties of pizza- 12, each with the name of an apostle from the Old Testament. Each pizza was the size of a large plate and is intended to be eaten by one person alone! Most of us couldn't manage to finish ours but they were yummy!
This picture is when we were in the process of decorating the cathedral. New Years Day we started eating some of the decorations. I'm sure that by now it has gone the way of all the earth.
I wish I had remembered to take our camera and take pictures at all the restaurants we visited. We went to one restaurant in Leipzig where we each had an unusual entree. There was wild boar, venison, goose, lamb, salmon, and also whitefish and steak. To celebrate Susanne's birthday we went to a Thai restaurant where the food looked as good as it tasted. I had an appetizer of duck in plum sauce wrapped in crepes then a chicken, vegetable and glass noodle entree. The chef decorated each presentation with flowers, real as well as carved from radishes, beets, carrots, and other foods. Then for lunch on a day when James worked in the morning and we all went to a museum, we ate at an Italian restaurant named the Twelve Apostles. On the menu was a wide range of Italian style foods. They also had varieties of pizza- 12, each with the name of an apostle from the Old Testament. Each pizza was the size of a large plate and is intended to be eaten by one person alone! Most of us couldn't manage to finish ours but they were yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment