
More recently, this picture was taken in the nursing home where my mother is staying in Sun City, Arizona- nearly a large continent away and many years later. The pictures can not completely do justice to all that these two have accomplished in the 64 years they have been married. They have traveled, served their communities and God, loved family and friends, and done lots of wonderful things. It hasn't all been fun or happy. That's about what life is like for everybody, isn't it?
Today I want to wish my parents a very happy anniversary. It would be nice if our bodies didn't get old and infirm to limit what we can do. But their spirits are vibrant, loving, and good. I love you, Mom and Dad. Russ does, too- and so do James and Susanne and kids, Scott and Angela and kids, Ammon and Victoria and kids, and Lisa and Keith and kids and a WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE presently living as well as gone on to a better world.
1 comment:
I had forgotten that our parents shared an anniversary date and in later years your parents would visit mine so they could celebrate together and spend an evening visiting. Now Dad remembers alone. So nice that your parents are still able to enjoy together. (BTW- I love your mom with short hair!!) Please tell them hello and give them our love.
Post a Comment