Our family started celebrating 31 years ago on December 3 when we had a baby boy join our mortal family. Although Christ is not here in mortality for us to see every day, we celebrate His birth. Although Ammon is not here in mortality, I still celebrate what he contributed to our family. His children are beautiful, his wife is a great asset to us, and he taught us all even if it wasn't all necessarily pleasant at the time.
Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Friday, December 03, 2010
Happy Birthday, Son
On December 25th we celebrate the birth of someone who started mortal life over 2,000 years ago. His birth was unique because of who He is. The millions of people who have ever lived or who now live on this earth benefited from His birth, life, and sacrifice.
Our family started celebrating 31 years ago on December 3 when we had a baby boy join our mortal family. Although Christ is not here in mortality for us to see every day, we celebrate His birth. Although Ammon is not here in mortality, I still celebrate what he contributed to our family. His children are beautiful, his wife is a great asset to us, and he taught us all even if it wasn't all necessarily pleasant at the time.
He succeeded in developing several talents during his relatively short mortal life. He also learned some wisdom. I imagine he will amaze me when I see him again. He is likely doing wonderful things and learning much more. Happy Birthday, Ammon.
Our family started celebrating 31 years ago on December 3 when we had a baby boy join our mortal family. Although Christ is not here in mortality for us to see every day, we celebrate His birth. Although Ammon is not here in mortality, I still celebrate what he contributed to our family. His children are beautiful, his wife is a great asset to us, and he taught us all even if it wasn't all necessarily pleasant at the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mary,
He was, and is, a wonderful person. Just a week ago was Dad's birthday - I guess we get thinking about our loved ones. They mean so much to us. I am so grateful for the long-term perspective, even when the short-term loneliness is hard. Love you all so much.
-Sue
Mary and Russ:
Our son, Matt, was also born on December 3 (1975). I'll think of your son every time we celebrate our son's birthday. One day, you'll all be together again.
Bless you all! Amy
My nephew was 12 when he died of cancer and we still remember him on all the special occasions throughout the year. We will all be together again when Christ returns, or sooner.
Blessings to you all!!
Post a Comment