Tuesday, July 26, 2011


On Monday we went to the city of Assissi- famous for Saint Francis who is generally represented surrounded by birds and animals. In the lower level of the fortress there, we saw the armory and we couldn't resist taking this picture for Kadon. He is 6 and fascinated with swords. This photo is for you, Kadon! The place where we stayed in Italy was recommended to James and Susanne by another American embassy family. This day was the first day we spent with them. We climbed to the top of the fortress and got a picture with the kids all lined up.
Another Italian restaurant- it looks a lot like the one in Montepulciano, doesn't it? I think I had a focaccia sandwich here but I can't remember for sure.
This is the last part of the long, narrow, spiral staircase to the top of the tower. Russ and I did pretty well, as did the kids. We all hoped we got enough exercise to maybe lose a little weight but I guess all we did was manage to offset the food we ate- and the servings were never really large! The food was much better for us than big-portioned, over-salted or sugared, too often fried American restaurant fare. Alas, the daily serving of gelatto (Italian ice cream) was probably what did us in.

No comments: