Thursday, July 19, 2012

THIS is family.

We just finished an awesome family reunion. We were blessed with excellent health, safety, and weather. Our last night there, one of the older girls lost her class ring on the beach. The older kids all tried to find it with flashlights but it was too dark. The next morning, nearly everybody in the family was out there doing all they could to help find the ring.

It was just so touching to me that everybody was caring enough to spend a couple of hours searching for a small ring that really only had sentimental value to one person. A few members of the family stayed inside to finish packing and cleaning but even doing that was a way of supporting the effort because they did it without any resentment. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family. I'm sorry we weren't able to find the ring but we have an alternative solution which is, again, with the support of the whole family. I love them all so much and am so happy they all love each other so much.

No comments: