I don't really know why I'm writing this post. I guess it's just to air out troubled thoughts. I am sad to the point of despair over the whole same-gender marriage issue with the attached transgender complexity. I have been open about my belief in God. I know there are millions of people all over the world that claim a similar belief even though they may embrace different concepts about His nature and His "opinions". I go back to the Bible (not the multiple translations and picked apart details- just the basic principles presented by Moses and forward). God created the earth and everything on it. (I know there are many who espouse accidental evolution as a way of avoiding what they consider mysticism or vague, inexplicable pre-historic events.) God knew that for mankind to "multiply and replenish the earth", there needed to be male and female. It's not just about who any one of His billions of children might be comfortable with or relate well to. It's about reproduction. It's about the benefits of bonding between two basically different genders to offer a balance in raising babies resulting in their combined traits. Trying to mold the opinions of the world to fit a minority of difficulties causes mass confusion. God does not want us to hate anyone. He has told us quite plainly that we are to love everyone no matter what. However, He does expect us to pay attention to His principles and guidelines in order for things to work out well, according to a greater wisdom than any of His children possess. He made Adam then as a companion made Eve.
I have always been a physically affectionate person. I love to hug, hold hands, stroke backs or arms, or kiss people and especially to cuddle children. I now wonder if I hold on too long to another female, will I be interpreted as lesbian? It doesn't matter if someone is "in favor" of that form of physical expression or not. By definition, being homosexual means having a desire for SEXUAL expression in a relationship with a person of the same gender. I don't want to get too gross here by going into how same-gender sexual stimulation occurs but I have to wonder if some outwardly "accepting" people have really considered what it means to be in favor of same-gender marriage? Children going through puberty have a difficult time as it is figuring out how to respond to changes and urges in their physical bodies. Now society is making it even more complicated. If they feel a rush of affection for their "best friend", they have to analyze if maybe they are homosexual or bisexual. What does that mean anyway? Wanting to achieve sexual stimulation and pleasure with just about ANYBODY?! If a little boy likes to play with dolls, parents have to worry about whether to accept him as gay when the poor kid doesn't even know what that means! If a young girl acts in ways we used to call "tom-boy" (liking physical sports and dressing in non-feminine clothes), is it a given that she will never marry a male or maybe will be relegated to being labeled as "denying her real self" if she does marry a male? There are so many people who think this whole "coming out" issue is going to make the world happier. Right now I want to put myself on public notice that this is NOT going to improve anything. Society is on a downward spiral morally. As we try harder to be compassionate and understanding in political correctness, we remove any standards at all. Anything goes and it will go. I know God warned us of a time when evil would be called good and good called evil. We're here. I just pray that I can avoid getting lost in despair. I just want to be kind and loving and follow the example of Jesus Christ. He was patient and kind but He let it be known when people did wrong. He overturned the tables of the money-changers in the temple and chastised the Sadducees and Pharisees. He did so many acts of charity and taught about living high moral standards. He ultimately paid in blood, suffering, and His mortal life so we could make our own choices. How can He stand watching us justify our flawed reasoning and warping His teachings? I just pray fervently for the strength to endure to the end- of my life or this world, whichever comes first.
No comments:
Post a Comment