Sunday, December 06, 2015

Messiah

These aren't necessarily really good pictures but they're all I've got. Russ has been rehearsing with a community group for a couple of months to perform Handel's Messiah. Considering that Nauvoo is a tiny town in the middle of cornfields, putting this together was quite ambitious. Apparently they have done it annually for several years now. The conductor is the Nauvoo temple recorder. He knows former Tabernacle Choir director Craig Jessop and is startling similar in appearance to him!


I actually recorded some parts of the performance but somehow when transferring from my phone, the videos ended being upside down. If anyone reading this knows how to turn them over, please let me know because I would love to be able to include some of the recording.

As I looked over the names listed in the program, there were 14 for sure that I knew from the temple, mostly temple missionaries but some local ordinance workers, too. It's just another case of generous active Latter Day Saints are in volunteering their time and how much we support quality arts and the sharing of talents. (By the way, it was somewhat painful for me to not participate. I have had to excuse myself from performance singing because my voice is no longer dependable. I have only one functioning vocal cord and it is old and worn out. After singing all of my life, this is tough.)

No comments: