Sunday, March 13, 2016

No coincidence

The previous post ended up somewhat strange in the way the font showed up. When I composed it, it didn't look the way it ended up looking. Sorry about the dark lettering. I have tried to fix it, but to no avail. I at least changed it to bold lettering so it's not quite so hard to read. Now, for this blog, I couldn't find or didn't know how to retrieve the picture I wanted, so, sorry again.
This isn't exactly the picture I would prefer but I'm still trying to figure out how to use technology. I just wanted to describe a wonderful experience I had yesterday serving in the Nauvoo, Illinois temple. Due to the celebration of the establishment of Relief Society, there were hundreds of women coming into the temple to do all different ordinances. Women can be quite an uplifting bunch to be around. These women were cheerful, kind, uplifting, full of faith and determined to follow the Savior in all ways. This time of year, we often have days when there are 50 or less people coming to the temple (not including the missionaries/workers). Our work crew is much smaller than in the summer because we don't usually need so many. We had several overfilled sessions yesterday but the women never complained about anything. The workers were scrambling to fill all the necessary positions. I was working in clothing issue, as usual for a Saturday, and asked to assist in one of the ordinance areas because there was a dire need. As I participated in the ordinance, I saw that the name on the family file card was French. I learned French as a child but haven't really spoken it since I turned 20- several decades. There were no other workers there who spoke French so, as often happens when none of us speak the language of the patron, names end up somewhat slaughtered. However, I was able to pronounce the names this woman had. She was quite touched that I just happened to enter the ordinance area when she happened to be there and was able to correctly pronounce the names of her deceased ancestors. I have heard expressed more than once, "There are no coincidences in the Lord's house." I believe it. I'm grateful I was able to uplift in even one small way even one individual.

No comments: