Monday, November 19, 2018

     I hope I have done justice to our wonderful trip to Ireland. It was our first time there and the first time for Russ and I to stay in AIRBNB's. We couldn't have been more pleased! All the places we stayed were clean, private, picturesque and very nicely priced. We met delightful people and feasted our eyes on the scenery and our stomachs on delicious food. I am a little disappointed that I was unable to find out more about my ancestor but now I understand better why it's just not likely to ever happen. Just as anywhere else in the world, records were kept mostly by the elite and by churches back before 1800. My family were mostly farmers and I have found what records I'm going to find. Some day I will meet them, on the other side of the "veil" and will be delighted to hear their story. I'm just glad that most of the family made it to America so that I could have the blessing of being born and live out my life in this beautiful land.

No comments: