Wednesday, March 14, 2007

lovely southern California

just before returning to Utah, we spent a few days at my sister's in southern California. They have had their backyard re-landscaped recently and we were anxious to see it. It startled us a little to find out how much it cost. Prices are so variable throughout this country! It doesn't seem like there is that wide a variation in things like minimum wage or gas prices but there are incredible differences in real estate prices and the cost of certain labor items. By the way, the cute wooden train was not a part of having the yard re-done. My dad and my sister's husband made that several years ago.

1 comment:

Pappy Yokum said...

Hi, Mary and Russ - it's me, Ron Hayes. I know you might think that not many people are reading your blog of adventures but I just want you to know I have followed your saga and am impressed with the experiences you have had and the places you have been. Hopefully, all is still well. Just wondering, when are you coming to Montana?