Friday, October 19, 2007

Don't read if you have a weak stomach!

Today I worked at making our third floor smell better. Over the decades this house has been standing, various critters, mostly squirrels and raccoons, have managed to work their way into the eaves and knee walls areas to set up house. They must have found it very comfortable as evidenced by the amount of bedding and thickness of the layer of manure. I thought about taking a picture of the work I was doing but it was pretty dark where I was and I figured it wouldn't show very well. Besides, you probably don't want to see it. First we have to scoop out the bedding which has included raggedy tee shirts, socks, and other unrecognizable "soft" materials. There have also been nut shells and I even found a steak bone. EEEUUU! (Is that how you spell it?) Then we have to scrape the hardened layer of manure with a spackle knife. Last of all, I brought up buckets of bleach water, which had to be emptied fairly often and refreshed, and a scrub brush. I scraped the black sludge along, cleaning in up with paper towels. Interesting stuff, huh? Afterward I took a long, soapy bath. It was a dirty job but somebody had to do it and now the upstairs is smelling better. I think I will only have to do that one more time to finish all of the areas to be done. Have I mentioned that if anyone is interested in a "working" vacation, you're welcome here! We'll provide instructions, tools, meals, and a bed- not in the eaves. I wonder if this work would work on a resume for employment at a zoo? That's the bulk of what you do when you work at a zoo or animal reserve. Put it in one end and clean up what comes out the other.................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, good to keep up this way. Have to get one to keep in touch with everyone easier. Have you heard of a product called "Nature's Miracle"? It is an enzime which nutralizes the odor of animal urine and feses. I use it when the cat has an "accident". Works great!! By nutralizing the odor, other animals are not attracted to doing thier "business" there anymore.

Tell Angela that I have "met" (via the phone and through a long story)a friend of hers, Linda Nielson in UT. She sells Arbonne and our daughters went to a home show and have interested me in becoming consultant just for our own use. Anyway, when she found out where I lived, she asked if I knew Angela and of course the answer is yes. What a small world.

Guess what...... Tom is the bishop of The Binghamton Ward, YIKES!! He has become very spiritual because of this huge responsibility. Now I have to "run" to keep up with him, hahahahaha!! And I'm the Early Morning Seminary teacher with 2 young women for students, daughter of the past bishop and daughter of Tom's counselor. As you can surmise, they are a pleasure to teach.

Have a great day, Luv ya, Kathy