Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Back to work
After spending several days toiling in the sun to clean up the edges of the driveway, patch holes, and sweep/scrub the pavement, we began to seal the driveway.
James and Russ handled the applicators while I finished up some edging details. The sealant is to prevent plants from growing in the blacktop and to seal it against water getting in to freeze then crack it in the winter.
It's a pretty big driveway and took lots of tar to cover it. Here are the empties. We tried to wash out remnants but we aren't sure the buckets will be really usable. I hate to keep adding to the landfill. We'll be getting one more bucket because we ran out with one little corner left to do.
We have no idea when the driveway was installed or when it was last sealed but it really needed it. It looks nice now. It's a little disheartening to realize that potential buyers will never know how much work we have put into this property. They didn't see it before. Now I wish I had taken more pictures before we started work. But I guess anyone considering buying it won't care what it looked like previously. They will just want a nice house NOW.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment