
I know that most families these days are spread out all over the country and even over the world, like ours. But we sure do like it when we are all in one place. We try to take every opportunity to get together. Since the need to eat is the thing we humans have most in common, we usually enjoy that activity together. Whenever our eldest son, State Department Embassy Consul, and his family are in the states, we plan as many activities together as we can. Angela's house has become a favorite gathering place due to the number of toys (especially Legos) she has and the nice fenced-in back yard. We all

contribute something then all swarm in to fill her house for several hours of eating, talking, playing, and just getting re-acquainted. James's family is available only once every 3-4 years. They will be leaving today to go to Washington, DC for a couple of weeks before heading to their next post in Berlin for 4 years. It's likely that we will only get to see them if we can manage to fly to Germany.
We missed our youngest daughter's family being with us since they weren't able to come. I guess it's just not a perfect world yet. I know that some day we will all have the chance to be together as much as we want. I don't know how we'll travel. Resurrected beings don't need cars or planes I don't think. Interesting that some people have no problem with H.G. Wells or Isaac Asimov or any other science fiction writer's view of the future but if you mention something related to "religion" they scoff. How is the "big bang" theory so much easier to believe than God's creation? How is teleportation easier to imagine than resurrection?
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment