Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Repairing the porch
As you can see in this picture, the soffits and facias of the porch were in pretty bad shape. The wood was rotted enough in places that there would have been no scraping in painting because there would not have been anything to paint!
Russ removed the facia, the vertical boards originally behind the gutters, measured, and made and mounted new ones. Often the tailgate of the truck is handier to use than sawhorses.
After putting on new facia, he measured and cut some thin board that looks like the old clapboard used before to fit and put it over the soffitts (the horizontal boards on the bottom). Then I primed and painted them along with scraping and painting all of the outside of the porch. I still have to do the inside but that will have to wait for another day. I'm having trouble with my hands hurting and swelling again.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment