Monday, March 16, 2009

I haven't been posting any blogs because my life has been just one day after another, one foot in front of another for the past several months. Russ and I are both doing more driving than we ever thought we would. Funny, when we were "living in our car" for a year, as we travelled around the world with our stuff in storage, we thought we drove a lot. But no, between driving to Cincinnati to take care of grandkids and developing a limousine service, we are investing in way more fossil fuel than we would like! Russ and I have discussed how we sometimes zone out on the road between here and Cincinnati to the point that we forget which part of the road we're on. We're not falling asleep or anything hazardous like that. We are aware of the traffic (an endless competition which can be really trying at times) and such. But we get lost in thoughts to help make the trip go by faster. In a way, I almost feel like that about life these days. As a kid, I remember getting so excited about upcoming events from holidays to the end of a school year to the beginning of a new school year or trips somewhere! I still can get excited about those things but it seems like I can't really plan for sure anything. I just don't know what's going to happen or what to plan on. I wonder if this is one of the after-effects of having a loved one die unexpectedly. It kind of throws your whole perspective on life and plans and expectations all out of whack! I feel like maybe I just need to keep taking one step at a time, one day at a time...... because I really don't know what I can be sure of.........other than the eventuality of death. And that can happen any time to any one. I'm not all sad and depressed in saying that. I guess I just have lost a little of my naive enthusiasm or something. Life goes on...and on.... and on... until it's over.

No comments: