Tuesday, March 10, 2009

YAY for Spring!

I realize I may regret this in July or August when my electric bill soars as I try to keep the house less hot and humid with the air conditioner, but I AM GLAD FOR WARMER TEMPERATURES! Russ and I have traveled a bit and have agreed that we would not enjoy living in the South in the summer. I don't know if the idea of being a snowbird or whatever you call them is practical in these days of high fuel costs and the need to be more financially cautious. I have not enjoyed the 20 degrees and below temperatures of the past several months. I like being able to step out the door without tensing against the frigid air. Snow is pretty. But I like it best right around the temperature that is just cold enough to not melt it. I look forward to the blossoming of flowers and hope to get the raised granite block garden bed behind the kitchen re-built since we haven't even had ONE person come to look at the house with the possibility of buying it. There are times that a crystal ball and the ability to use it would come in very handy!

No comments: