Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Waxing philosophical again
Many people think of God as a distant, judgemental being who is difficult to please. They dread "being good enough" and often feel it's unfair to expect so much of us. I was pondering what it must be like for God to deal with us. I really love my grandchildren, probably only a fraction of what God loves us. The things I love most about them are their energy, their happy smiles, their eagerness to learn, and their sincerity. What I find exhausting in dealing with them is their rebelliousness, their sometimes unwillingness to think of anyone but themselves, their tantrums, and their constant needs. I think we are like that for our Heavenly Father. If we are to have a truly celestial, peaceful existence for a very, very long time, I think we have to be different than we are right now. Much as I love children, it is less demanding on me to be with adults who do their fair share of the work WILLINGLY, who try to be independent about dealing with their own problems WITHOUT CONSTANT WHINING AND COMPLAINING, and are willing to converse at a peaceful, intelligent level. This is not about criticizing children. After all, I started out that way, too! This is about what is fair to expect of ourselves. This is about recognizing the true nature of God. He wants us to be able to be happy together, not like the squabbling, complaining creatures we are now. If we can't be honest, compassionate, helpful, willing to do our share of the work, and willing to be humble enough to keep learning.......... how could we ever stand to be together for eternity?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So true. I appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts on all these topics - it makes me think more deeply on them as well. Hope all is well.
Sue
Post a Comment