Sorry about the men in the way but I guess they just didn't realize how important the view was to us! Martin's first reaction was to ask Scott if he was only going to be home for two weeks. It was happy news to him that Dad was home to stay!I just had to make a sign. Somehow I didn't feel that the sight of us just standing there smiling was enough to let Scott know how excited we were to have him safely returned. I tried to be a little humorous.......

In the bag are some balloons that we had taped around the edges of the sign. We were getting ready to leave when I realized I hadn't gotten a photo of the sign so we unrolled it but didn't bother taping the balloons back on before going back out into the cold wind.
We are happy for the Orme family. Scott has received several medals, including combat medals. I guess it will be okay to hear some stories now that we know he is out of range of the bullets. But he may not want to spend a lot of time reliving it. That seems to often be the case with returning soldiers. I don't blame them. I don't even like reading or hearing the news stories of war or violent crime!
Now we are hoping that our other son-in-law also gets to return home safely. We pray for him and for my nephew who will be having to leave his family to go over for a year. It just goes on and on......
1 comment:
This entry made me smile. How great!!
Holly
Post a Comment