I'm sorry I don't have my camera with me. I will just have to describe better, I guess, since it takes a thousand words to equal a picture.
One of the reasons I have never been interested in living in the Southern parts of the US is BUGS! I realize they are everywhere but I have always liked living where there is weather cold enough to discourage their proliferation if not completely kill them off. Within the past few months, there has been some evidence of termite activity in Mom and Dad's house. The exterminator was called and did his thing- twice. After several weeks, it looked like they were gone so Dad and I set about repairing the damage they had done. In addition, there was an area around a ceiling vent that had been poorly repaired several years ago by someone after there was a leak. Dad had been meaning to fix it but just hadn't gotten to it. I thought we could manage to do both repairs as long as we were at it. Over the past 3 years I have learned quite a bit about plastering. I'm glad I did. Dad can certainly be qualified as a master builder. He has been doing building and remodeling for much longer than I have been alive. I was a little nervous about doing work that he could probably do much better than I but I knew that his stamina just wouldn't hold up long enough to chip or cut out damaged parts, measure, cut and install boards, spackle/plaster, sand, and paint two coats. I ended up doing most of the damage removal, all of the plastering, assisting him to measure and install repairs, and half of the painting. It took us several days working only a few hours each day. After we were done, we both felt quite satisfied with the results. I must admit, it gave me a feeling of peace and pleasure to hear my father tell me what a great job I had done. He repeated several times how good it looked and told me I should be quite proud of myself.
I am looking forward to that same inner glow when I hope to hear, from my eternal Master, "Well done thou good and faithful servant."
2 comments:
Oh Mary - what a beautiful thought and experience. Our fathers are truly so precious - both earthly and heavenly.
Thank you.
Love,
Sue
Oh Mary, thank you for this emotion filled thought! May we all hear Him say, "Well done thou good and faithful servant."
Post a Comment