The house we are living in here in Arizona is backed up by a golf course. It has been since it was built over 50 years ago. The golf course was good enough that it was busy all the time that it was open. The resident golfers had gotten pretty familiar with the course to the point that the "challenges" were not so difficult which made the game not as exciting.
The decision was made, for whatever reasons, to improve the course. These are photos out our back door of the "improvements" going on. Right now it doesn't look very attractive, pretty rough actually.
I started comparing it to me in my life journey. Through the years, I sometimes get to points where I feel pretty comfortable with no current major challenges. God is aware of my full potential, even if sometimes I am happy to stay the way I am. He wants me to improve. Or sometimes I get to a point myself of realizing that I could do better and want to overcome a weakness. That's when I go through rough spots. I struggle, have self-doubts, grieve, and strain to smooth out the rough spots. Fortunately, I don't have to do the remodeling alone. I have friends and family who love me, even in my imperfection. I have prophets, past and present to encourage and guide me, which only requires that I read or listen to their words. I am grateful especially for the still, small voice of the Holy Ghost who reassures me that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and my Savior has "got my back" no matter how many times I may stumble. They love me more than I can comprehend. So, I just need to be patient with occasional bouts of ugliness and keep working on improvements- and offer the same to others doing the same thing. Eventually we'll be really lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment