Lest there be a misconception that Russ and I just spent a week lounging on beaches and sipping coconut milk in Hawaii, I wanted to post some of our activities. We were too busy to take pictures of our kayaking and snorkeling but here are photos of some of our hiking. The temperature there ranged about 70-90 degrees with the humidity about that same range! We hike to a point on the island of Oahu that you can't drive to and is now a bird sanctuary- mostly for a breed of albatross.
In the time we were there, we drove the equivalent of all around the island about 3 times. The scenery is breath-taking if you're not accustomed to lush, green with lots of ocean and other water. The waterfall behind me was the destination of one of our hikes and the photo above it is just part of the walk up to it. You'd think all that walking would have helped me lose some of my middle age spread but I guess enjoying the local treats just offset all the exercise!
1 comment:
Beautiful!!
Post a Comment