Saturday, March 07, 2015

My last post may have been a little too blunt. I'm sorry if anyone found it depressing. I really didn't mean it to be. I have had a very blessed life and expect to spend at least another decade enjoying  my children, grandchildren, and friends when I have the opportunity. I love the feeling of peace when I listen to beautiful music. I love the air just after it has rained and it's moist and clean. I find joy in many things on this planet. But I also know that God lives and Jesus Christ, through His atonement, has made it possible for me to spend eternity with both of them, along with those of my loved ones who choose to do so, too. So I won't miss hearing about ISIS or child sex slaves or abuse, the whole heated arguments surrounding political views, the whining about suffering by people who have plenty of food, shelter, and clothing but don't have the car or house or job they would prefer. I know that I have done a LOT of unnecessary whining in my time. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I haven't sinned as "bad" as some people but sinning is sinning. I just look forward to being away from Satan's influence. I look forward to being where there is light, peace, hope, and love. I am doing all I can to be worthy to live in that kind of society. When God decides I'm done here, that's fine with me.

No comments: