
This is by no means a complete description of food in Lithuania. However, I found the bakery sections of the grocery stores to be quite colorful and enticing. The photo here is in what is actually a smaller grocery store. If we took a photo in the larger stores, we would not have been able to fit it all in close enough to see the detail. Bakeries in Utah have basically brownies, cupcakes, and donuts frosted in different colors. The stuff here isn't even as good as Western European bakeries have! Then I have included another picture of our gingerbread train from what I think is a better angle. The third picture is the menu outside a Cili Kaimas (I'm not sure if I spelled it correctly) which is the Lithuanian chain comparative to a MacDonald's or Burger King. I don't know if you can get close enough to see the food items listed. As for prices, a dollar is equal to between 2 1/2 and 3 litas, depending on the exchange rate on any given day. Things here are quite inexpensive compared to the US but they are going up constantly since Lithuania is now a part of the EU and the lita value is tied to the euro. This could possibly be our last blog from here. It's Friday and we leave Monday morning. I don't know if we'll take the time to blog again before we leave. Beyond that, I have no idea whether anybody is still reading these and whether we should keep people posted as to our travel experiences throughout the US. Let us know if anyone is interested so we can know to keep going with this! Happy New Year!

1 comment:
Me! Me! I'm still reading :) Please keep it up, I really enjoy checking it every day.
Post a Comment