I want to start off with words from Neal A. Maxwell because I think they're really good.
We so often depersonalize our assistance to others that we might be called "checkbook Christians." We pay our taxes and offerings and unintentionally move away from the personal acts of brotherhood.
We are the clinical material God has given us to work on in this estate. He lets us practice on each other. That means failure, pain, frustration, and deep disappointment as well as success.
We can't lead, or draw, others to the Lord unless we stand closer to Him than they do!
Of a truth, those who can easily bend their knees in prayer do not feel they are stooping when they bend to help a neighbor in need.
Those who were able in life to give place for gospel things will have, thereby, found a place in the next world that will provide for them even more opportunities for service; while those who were shrunken by selfishness in this life, jettisoning inconvenient babies and aging parents, will have a chance, perhaps first-hand, to face those who were so dispatched or disregarded.
I mostly wanted to post a picture for my daughter(s) to see my new "do". But I just can't resist sharing more of the deep thoughts and well-worded advice of Maxwell. I wish everyone would take the time to really ponder the meaning of their existence. Toiling to provide sustenance or endlessly pursuing self- gratification are NOT the reason we exist. There is a potential for much peace and happiness but the choice to abandon selfishness has to be our own. That's the only way it's genuine. Anyway, I am experimenting ahead of time to find as fast and easy a way to look as pleasant as I can as an old lady during the hectic summer season here next year. We have survived one pageant season in Nauvoo but we'll have another opportunity next summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment