I didn't have it in mind originally but after doing the blog about being with Angela (and family) then the traveling with James, I began to ponder how each of my children, as adults, have enriched my life the most. Angela has been encouraging to any artistic leanings I have and James has broadened my international experiences. Ammon, though personally no longer a part of my mortal life experiences, has enriched my life and- through his family- continues to enrich my life.
Even as a baby, Ammon laughed more than any of my other children. He loved playing games, to the point that he got a little intense about winning. More than once we had to remind him that winning wasn't worth cheating. Still, as he grew up, he continued to play games but with a better attitude about winning. The night he died, Russ and I were on our way to spend the night with him and his family having dinner then playing games. Ultimately, I like to think we laughed with Ammon more than we got frustrated with him over the course of his too-short lifespan. Now we have his three children to enjoy. They are the genetic results of two intense, passionate, fun-loving people in their mother and father. From their excitement to throw themselves into our arms when visiting "Grandma and Grandpa" to just the thrill of life, they are a lot of fun! The flip side is that they can be just as passionate about being stubborn or rebellious. Fun and frustrating .................
No comments:
Post a Comment