Besides sharing laughter with her, I have spent countless hours reading literary classics and scriptures with her, discussing principles, theories, and opinions. As we traveled together, we spent hours memorizing state capitals, state mottos, state birds, and trying to quiz each other on various songs and other things. She has enriched my desire and opportunities to learn. I homeschooled her for a year then later she went to a small private school for awhile which gave me the chance to teach a middle school-aged class in order to pay for her schooling. I continue to be able to give and receive learning as we share articles and information. I'm glad all of my children continue to seek education through reading, pondering, and experiences rather than being hypnotized by mind-numbing entertainment as much of society has.
Join us as we chronicle the journey that this life takes us on, and as we always strive to move forward with faith.
Sunday, February 08, 2015
Laughter and learning
Our youngest, Lisa, is every bit as smart as her siblings. She has always had a tender side, twice deciding to be a vegetarian because she hates cruelty to any living thing. Having Ammon as her closest-in-age sibling had quite an impact on her. She was frustrated by him a LOT, but also had an example of laughter. Times I can remember having laughed the hardest were with Lisa- playing board games as a family, playing duets on the piano, or traveling countless hours on the road with her. One of the reasons I have laughed so hard with her is due to her intelligence. She laughs at silly, slapstick things, but is also clever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment